For as long as I can remember, a Christmas family tradition growing up was watching "White Christmas." And in my family, when you watch a musical, you sing along....well, Momma didn't do a lot of singing, but us other three would have been drowning her out anyways! One of my favorite songs in the movie is "Sisters." Rosemary Clooney and the tiny blonde are doing their act, and Bing Crosby and his silly side-kick are watching them. Well, Holly and I being "sisters" and all, we would sing along and act out this song. We even had plumes to use as props thanks to the decorating style of the '80s. We would really put on a show, let me tell you.....quite embarassing, I'm sure, but we had such fun. I can't tell you how old we were when we finally stopped acting it out, but we do still sing the song. Well, that is, if Daron will let us watch it! He kind of ruined it the first year we were married. :) That's another story, but I have to tell it, too! The first Christmas we were married, we all settled in to watch the movie. We should have warned him for what he was in for, because when the singing commenced, I'm sure he was thinking, "What have I married in to?" He's not a musical movie kind of guy, so that was the last Christmas we watched it all the way through as a family. Now, it's just hit and miss...Daron's not usually watching! But I love my sister, and that movie brings back wonderful memories every time I do get to watch it! "Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters...." Too bad I don't have a picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment