It goes without saying that my family loves music. I can relate a song to so many meaningful moments in my life, from childhood until now. I was thinking of when I was in elementary school in Kilgore. I was blessed to have a wonderful music teacher in 4th and 5th grade, and at Christmas time, the whole school would put on a huge program. In the 4th grade, we performed "Psalty's Christmas Program," which was very much Christ-oriented....imagine being able to perform that in a school now! But one of my favorite songs from that play was "It's Not By Might." And the chorus goes like this, "It's not by might, nor by power but, by My Spirit, it's not by might, nor by power, sayeth the Lord." I remember one of the verses, too, "We'd like to think that we can handle problems on our own. We think and plan, and organize, work our hands down to the bone. But when we finally reach the bottom, the end of all our rope, the Lord reminds us, quietly, in Me you'll find your hope." At the time, I did not realize where this song was coming from in Scriptures, but it comes from Zechariah 4:6. This song still means a lot to me, especially right now because there is something I'm praying about and not really sure about what the Lord wants me to do, although it is probably clearer than I'm willing to admit. But this song popped into my head as it does from time to time, not by accident, and just like it says, reminds me that the things I am able to do are not by my strength. I don't know why that is so hard to let go of sometimes. Fear, I'm sure, but He is able to meet our needs, as He has done so many times already in my life. I hope this song is an encouragement as it is for me, and if you read this, I hope you will pray for me that I will hear what the Lord is telling me and as He shows me the path to go, I will know the confirmation of His plans and trust Him in all that I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment