It has been a busy week....not much time to stroll down memory lane! I have not even sent Christmas cards this year, and I know that some family members are going to be disappointed! Hopefully, if you've kept up with my blog, it will make up for no cards this year! Still love everyone as much as I ever did, just too busy, in a good way! We had a lot going on this week, so here it is in a nutshell. First, on Tuesday, Kaila went to school late due to inclement weather. I would have loved for her just to stay home, as my mom actually suggested! However, she and her class had a poem to recite that afternoon at 2:35. So, Nathan, Olivia, and I braved the cold weather to see sister say her special part with her class! It was very cute! Second, our Sunday School class put together gift bags for children and their families that we have been ministering to since the summer. These sweet children have been regularly coming to our
Awana program on Wednesday evening, and it was neat to be able to give each child a present and their families a little something special, too. We went out to deliver these gifts on Thursday! Also, on Thursday, Nathan was in a Christmas program at our Parent's Day Out at church. He was a cow! It was very cute!! The children were all precious, from what I could see, as I was on stage with my class, too! We had a lot of fun that day! Finally, on Friday, Daron started his vacation time, and it was a wonderful day....a special day because it was our 10
th wedding anniversary. His parents met him in Canton to pick up the older two kids, and that evening, Olivia stayed with our sweet Miss Kelli while we went on a date! I can say that it was a very enjoyable time. We ate at Texas Land and Cattle, went to Bass Pro Shop and a few other stores,
Starbuck's, and then we rented a movie, which we didn't even watch. I didn't really think about the kids too much because I was so excited to be out with Daron and just talk to him about anything but what the kids were doing. Should I feel guilty? I don't! We look forward to that kind of evening more often because it was GREAT! And I am thrilled to be married to an amazing man that I love very much! So that is our week....Christmas memories will return again...
No comments:
Post a Comment