This past fall, October to December, I participated in a Beth Moore Bible study called "Jesus, the One and Only." This word hardly describes it, but the Bible study was "amazing." I'll be honest, a few weeks, I didn't study as I should, but the weeks that I did were some of the most humbling, revealing weeks I can remember. The study walked us through the life of Jesus, focusing on the book of Luke, and John, and although I have listened to, read, and been taught most of the accounts in these two books, I studied it in a way that was new and fresh. Therefore, I know that is why I have experienced the things I have over the past few months. I could feel God breathing new life in to me during this time and revealing Himself in a mighty way, and because of this, it changed the way I look at and experience a lot of things. My eyes and ears were open to what He was trying to show and tell me. So, when I heard this song, it spoke so much to me. I hope that Mr. Big Daddy Weave doesn't mind if I share the words to his song....feel like I need to share them instead of just saying, "Listen to this!" The song is from the album, "What Life Would Be Like," by Big Daddy Weave, and it is the title of the song as well. Here goes........
I wish I was more of a man/ Have you ever felt that way?/ And if I had to tell you the truth/ I'm afraid I'd have to say/ that after all I've done and failed to do/ I feel like less than I was meant to be/ What if I could fix myself/ maybe then I could get free/ I could try to be somebody else/ who's much better off than me/ But I need to remember this/ That it's when I'm at my weakest I can clearly see/ (Chorus) He made the lame walk/ and the dumb talk/ and He opened blinded eyes to see/ That the sun rises on His time/ Yeah, He knows our deepest, desperate need/ And the world waits while His heart aches/ to realize the dream/ I wonder what life would be like if we let Jesus live through you and me/ What if you could see yourself/ through another pair of eyes?/ What if you could hear the truth/ instead of old familiar lies?/ And what if you could feel inside/ the power of the Hand that made the universe?/ You'd realize.....
I really can't say too much more about this song....my prayer is that Jesus will live more each day through me and my friends/family.....that we will all allow Him to shine through us to a world that desperately needs it. Imagine "what life would be like!"
Photo Card
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment