This momma got quite a little scare yesterday! Olivia has had some congestion, a cold I would say, for a few days. Nothing much to make a big deal about, until early Monday morning, about 6
ish. She had been restless during the night, and when we got up, she was running a fever and only wanted me to hold her. So, I knew we would be visiting the good ole' doctor, and since I called when they opened for business at 8:30, I was able to get her a morning appointment. She literally did not leave my arms until 9:30, when she was finally sleepy enough to let me put her down so I could get ready! I didn't want to go to the doctor's office in my pajamas, and I was almost to that point! Thankfully, fully clothed, the four of us made it to the doctor's office on time, and once in the exam room and after I heard the doctor say, "Her ears are clear...," I knew we were dealing with more than an ear infection, which is actually what I was hoping would be the diagnosis. Her doctor could hear more congestion than he wanted to in her left lung. So, a blood test came...prick the little finger. She handled it well. That showed her blood count to be up (I'm not a doctor so excuse me if I am not accurate in my medical terms!!) Then, an x-ray was necessary to see if it was pneumonia. Well, that's when I began to panic on the inside, because I knew the doctor was a little worried, as were Kaila and Nathan. I remained calm, praying the whole time and trying to reassure the kids, wishing Daron was there with us! After a short wait, Momma and Olivia took an x-ray, quick and painless! More waiting for those results, and it showed that pneumonia was not present at that time! Thank goodness, we caught it just in time! Miss Olivia got a shot of antibiotic and a prescription to take this week. Already, she is doing better; she has actually been asleep quite for awhile....I keep checking on her!! I'm very thankful for the prayers of family and friends for our little Olivia. It's so hard when a little one is sick, not much you can do but hold and comfort them, try to soothe their pains and cries. So, that is what I have been doing, even though I am now tired as well but happy to be there for her. It gives me a picture of how our Heavenly Father does the same for us. We can get into situations that create a mess, and He is there to lovingly pick us up, comfort us, and restore us, which brings to mind part of the scripture from the Sunday evening message....2 Corinthians 1:3-4 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we have ourselves received from God."
No comments:
Post a Comment