Over the past several months, one of my favorite verses has become Zephaniah 3:17. I can't tell you how many ways that verse has popped up in different ways during this time as well, and that is so awesome to have a verse close to your heart and have it expressed around you. Today, I was thinking about this verse. It's posted on the side of my blog wall, but the verse says, "The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you in singing." It's so nice to know that He has saved me, first of all, which I am so thankful for. Then, to know that He, God Almighty, Creator of everything, takes delight in me, this person who often feels plain 'ole ordinary, still trying to figure things out, and still messing up every day, but He is delighted in me. That makes me want to continue towards all that He has in store for me. It gives me hope. Not only does He take delight in me, but He quiets me with His love. Oh, how I need that. I can feel His arms around me, gently calming whatever fear, anxiety, or insecurity I have, and He does quiet me with His amazing love, whispering it in my heart. Then, He is rejoicing over me with singing. He loves me and is happy with me, even so that He sings over me. The love of a Father.....nothing compares.
No comments:
Post a Comment