Monday, March 23, 2009

Back to the blog

I took a little break from "blogging." I'll blame it on Spring Break! It was a lovely week....weather was great, still is, and I'm so glad for it! I guess I haven't blogged because I haven't had an idea of what to blog about exactly, too much on my mind really! A very dear person to me noticed that I hadn't blogged in awhile, and I told her I would. So, this is my attempt to get back on the blog! Most of the time, I feel like I reveal way too much about myself when I blog, and if you know me, that's not always easy for me. However, I realized that's what writing is about. That's what serving the Lord is about, putting aside our own desires and focusing on His desires. The best thing that happened over Spring Break, other than the amazing weather and the time I got to spend with my family, was the peace that God gave me over some things that have been on my mind for some time now, actually way too long, but I have no doubt that this was the time to deal with it. Even though I've experienced it before, many times before, it still amazes me when I stop and look at the ways God is at work in my life and in the lives of those around me, how He puts little daily events, places, and people in my life, together for a purpose. While those things on their own may seem like ordinary things, when I look back over the big picture and see how each thing all fits together for a purpose, it is amazing! This past year has been that way, and after reading a book that focused on this scripture, this is how I want to live, from Isaiah 61:3, "to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor." I love that last part! As Spring is here and I start seeing the plants in our yard and neighborhood bloom, I can't help but feel some excitement knowing that God is at work all around me. I eagerly but patiently await all that He has in store for me in my life and in the lives of those around me. The ashes, mourning, and despair I traded many years ago, and I want to be a "display of his splendor."

No comments: