Thursday, February 19, 2009

Plans and Hope

Today is a day I am just stopping and taking a lot of deep breaths. It's been a busy couple of weeks, too many things to elaborate on, and today I am not doing much...well I am working on a few things! I have been spending most of my quiet time this morning talking to the Lord, and I wanted to stop and just tell him "thank you." He knows everything about me, knows all that is going on, the things that worry me, the hopes/dreams I have, and through one of my favorite verses, He reminded me that He knows the plans He has for me, plans to prosper and not to harm, plans that give HOPE. My hope is in Jesus alone! When I talk to Him and tell Him my hopes and dreams, He knows the desires of my heart. He gave me the gifts/abilities! And I long to let my life glorify Him. When I think of this verse, I realize that my plans are not mine, they belong to Him. I just have to come before Him, humbly and give everything to Him. Last night, a group from church was challenged for Sunday morning. And the things is, it is a challenge I have given myself, and I know it is time for all of us to have this challenge. To not hold back...to forget and leave behind whatever holds us back and just live for Jesus, to worship Him completely. He more than deserves anything we have to offer. No words can express how I feel about Him, but isn't He good? Wish there was a better word....one day! As I think of this blog, I pray it is an encouragement to whomever reads it. This blog belongs to God; I pray I'm just an instrument He uses as I share the happenings in my life. As I pour out my heart, if it is something that brings to mind your own desires and hopes, I pray you will have encouragement that God is in control. If you are at a different place spiritually, I pray that you will have this same encouragement. God knows you and loves you more than you can imagine. He wants the best for you, but you have to recognize all that He has done for you. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

No comments: