Monday, November 17, 2008

Rocks

I can't stop thinking about rocks right now! No, Nathan has not been throwing them! I have been involved in a Beth Moore Bible study called "Jesus, the One and Only" for about 6 weeks now, and last night the session was over Luke 19: 28-44, Christ's Triumphal Entry, but also the passion of Christ. So, you're probably still wondering why I'm thinking about rocks....I know I would've been wondering. Well, as Jesus was walking along this road, the crowds began praising Him, joyfully, loudly, and the Pharisees couldn't take this and told Jesus to rebuke them. To which Jesus responded, in verse 40, "I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." And all I could think was, let me be one who praises You so the rocks are not the ones You hear! May I be so passionate about Jesus and the things that concern Him so that all I can do is praise Him. Then, of course one of Chris's (ok...Tomlin..if you didn't know!) songs came to mind, "Made to Worship." The song is about how we are made to worship Him, how He loves us so much, and there is a part of that song that says, "Even the rocks cry out, even the heavens shout, at the sound of His holy name. So let every voice sing out, let every knee bow down, He's worthy of all our praise." I will never listen to that song the same again, nor will I read this passage from the Bible the same again. And, more so, I pray that I will worship Him every day in this way, because He has given me (us!) the most amazing gift of forgiveness and eternal life, all through grace! He is worthy, so much so!! So, hopefully now you are thinking of the rocks, and I hope that we all who believe in Him will not let the rocks cry out louder than us, that we'll put aside any fears, shame, whatever, and humbly but joyfully praise Him!!

No comments: